COVID 19 - TRAVELING TO NEEDLES LODGE
Please see our message for current and future bookings relating to the current COVID-19 virus which is devastating the tourism industry World Wide.
At Needles Lodge, we are entirely focused on the experience of our guests, this includes your health and safety. Now, more than ever, in light of the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, we are focused on the health and safety of all our guests and employees, without compromising the quality of your experience when you stay with us.
We are adhering to the latest information, protocols and tools from the world’s leading health experts and government authorities – including the World Health Organisation and Centres for Disease Control – to maximise the effectiveness of our response.
For so many of us, travel is a necessary and rewarding part of our lives. At Needles Lodge we have taken precautionary measures to ensure your wellbeing, along with that of your fellow guests and our employees. We have heightened our already stringent practices around food handling, sanitisation, disinfection and cleaning, plus specific measures based on the guidance of local health authorities.
In addition to these measures, we encourage you to learn more about what you can do to travel more safely. The World Health Organisation has several recommendations to reduce exposure to a range of illnesses, including hand and respiratory hygiene as well as safe food practices.
As you consider your upcoming travel plans, we want to make the experience as worry-free as possible.
CORONA CANCELLATION POLICY - EFFECTIVE 16 MARCH 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
1. Confirmed bookings for which we have received a deposit or full payment, will be secured should you (or your clients) decide it unsafe to travel.
2. Bookings can be amended up to 12 (twelve) months from the original arrival date. Please note only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher rate season, the new rate will apply.
3. In the event that you (or your clients) do not travel within 12 (twelve) months of the original arrival date, the 50% deposit would be forfeited – always assuming the Corona Epidemic has been contained by then.
4. Any travel changes to bookings within 14 (fourteen) days of the travel period will incur 100% cancellation fees.
5. The above will only apply if we have received the required deposit or the full payment to confirm your reservation.
1. Any bookings made from 12 March 2020 will be subject to the following Special Conditions.
2. No deposit will be required at the time of booking.
3. 4 (four) weeks prior to arrival a 50% deposit will be required to confirm the reservation.
4. The balance of 50% will be required on arrival.
5. If a booking is cancelled within 4 (four) weeks of arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
We will have the following exceptions where bookings are cancelled within 14 days of travel, whereby clients will be offered the same deferral policy as above:
1. If the country of the clients’ residence prevents the client from leaving (for example, Italy and China’s current lockdown situation),
2. If South Africa issues an inbound travel ban, banning clients from entering, or forcing arriving clients into quarantine.
1. In order for us to ride out this global epidemic storm as a privately owned travel & tourism business, we are unable to offer any refunds at this time.
2. We trust that our partners and guests understand our situation; we are doing all we can to work with our guests and partners to find mutually agreeable solutions.
3. This step is necessary to ensure that our business can continue to operate through these difficult times so that we will be here for you when the storm blows over.
4. We reserve the right to make changes to these new terms and conditions at any time and will send out notifications.
5. As soon as the Corona Virus epidemic has been contained we will revert back to our original terms and conditions for bookings.
In conclusion, we urge all guest choosing to travel at this time to please follow all possible protective hygiene procedures during their journey to ensure their own safety and the safety of our staff and other guests. All guests are required to disinfect their hands on arrival and we will provide anti-bacterial wipes for this purpose. Refusal to do so will mean guests will not be allowed entry, for the safety of our staff and other guests.
For more information, visit the World Health Organization and the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD). Keep yourself informed and adopt these basic protective measures from the World Health Organization.
We are doing everything we can to provide a safe, seamless and ultimately enjoyable Needles Lodge experience when you visit us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We know that you share our love of adventure and we look forward to welcoming you to Needles Lodge soon.